This is your chance to learn to make felt with my friend & fabulous fibre artist, Pam De Groot.
If you came to the Australian Wool Show a few weeks ago you will have marvelled at her Wearable Art piece on the catwalk (above), and seen her display in the Woolcraft Awards Shed.
Here are the specs:
A Beginner Felting Workshop with Pam de Groot
1 Day workshop 10am-2pm
Learn the very first steps of felting.
Create a sampler of flat felt , learning to manipulate and add in other materials.
Make a piece of felt using a resist. This is the basis of bags, pockets and hats.
We will make a bowl.
• Byo Lunch, morning tea provided.
• We will be using bubble wrap, soap, netting and fleece with additions of silk, mohair, spun fibres and fabric. If you would like to bring any of these you may.
• If you don’t have any of these the equipment can be borrowed from me and materials can be bought on the day.
• Resist material will also be provided.
• Bring an old towel or a couple of cloth nappies
Sunday 9th August or
Thursday 13th August or
Sunday 23rd August Cost
$45 per person plus materials.
In the artist’s Blue Mountains studio, Lawson NSW 2783
email: pamdegroot.fibre [at] gmail.com